How to Gain High Value and High Status
Official Blog Walter Verbiest

Hi my friend

I am excited that you visite my blog. I invite you to add me as a friend at my facebook profile and connect with me on a personal level.
Drop me a line and join my facebook group: the Do's and Don'ts of Internetmarketing.

donderdag 17 december 2009

A little bit more about myself


"I haven’t run a business all my life. I work as a group leader in the non-profit sector since 1980. I am not telling the whole truth. My wife and I were owner of a youth café in a little town where we organized music performances and various training courses. It was a fabulous experience but hard and exhausting work. So we had to stop after 6 years.

After a while though, I wanted to accelerate my income to much higher levels to reach financial freedom, so I ventured into the world of network marketing.

Network marketing seemed like it would work out well because the start-up costs are low and it didn't seem like it really took any special skills to succeed.
Boy, was I wrong!

I now understand why 97% of network marketers fail. Man, it is hard, and it makes you feel about 2 inches tall most of the time. Dealing with the constant rejection and always feeling like friends and family want to avoid you is painful to say the least!

When I started out, I figured that my up-line knew what they were talking about because they were all apparently making a ton of money. But, when I did the things they told me to do, NOTHING seemed to work.

Oh I was pretty successful in the beginning. In no time I reached the level of Executive Director and a few months later followed by 1 Star. But then I got stuck.

So, I started to spend a lot of money on search engine advertising, and spent an enormous amount of time on the phone or in meetings TRYING to persuade people of my great opportunity - and it really was a great opportunity.

After several years, my motivation had faded and was almost nonexistent, and my dream of financial freedom was very far away. I literally was spending 16 hours a day. I felt like I was running on a hamster wheel - running around and around but going nowhere.

I began to do some deep soul searching about what I was really trying to accomplish and how I was going about it.

Late one night I was reading a book ‘Scheherazade Goes West: Different Cultures, Different Harems’ (ISBN: 9780743412421) from Fatima Mernissi (only $2.10). Her vision on Moroccan young people in small villages of the Atlas mountains who use the internet to sell the tapestry the traditional mothers make, struck me. I will tell you about this initiative later.

But what I knew now was that I first had to have a great idea I could believe in and could be of big value for my prospects and customers. Secondly that I still had a lot to learn, and this fresh new dream wasn’t going to happen over one or two nights.

I registered myself in every opportunity ,every newsletter that came along, and I don’t have to tell you what that means. I focused and focus myself on the most attractive and interesting offers. And until now I can tell you that I have a pretty good idea what direction network marketing is evolving.

One of the most amazing things was that you could make money EVEN IF someone did not join your primary business opportunity. You should focus on growing your business, and the sales funnel would take care of the rest.

Another really cool thing is that I never had to pick up the phone - can you imagine what a relief it is to know that you can make a ton of money without having to buy leads or make cold calls!

Another shocking news was a big door opener! You DON’T promote the company but you promote YOURSELF! I hear you thinking… HOW?

Please read it all in this blog.

Geen opmerkingen: